POST-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONSWhat instructions should you follow immediately after surgery?
• Do NOT
rinse or spit today.
• Do NOT
smoke or consume alcohol.
extremely hot foods and drinks until the anesthetics wears off.
foods that are hard, spicy or salty as it may irritate the surgical site. (Examples include: Nuts, Pretzels, Chips, Tomato Sauces, Salsa)
• Stay away from the surgical area! Do not do ANYTHING
to place tension on the area including pulling up or down on the lip to see the treated area.
- Be sure to take ALL
of the pills as directed. You are required to finish ALL
of the antibiotics to achieve the most ideal results. If you have any unwanted side effects, please call our office.
• Apply an ICEPACK
to the area to minimize swelling, 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off ONLY
• Starting TOMORROW
, you have the option to rinse gently and frequently with warm water and ½ teaspoon of salt.
• It is important to keep your mouth CLEAN
. Brush and floss the teeth well, but NOT
on the treated area or the adjacent teeth.
• The days following the surgery use the BLUE SOLUTION
with a clean moistened Q-tip to CLEAN
area 2-3 x/day until the follow up visit.How will this change your eating habits?
• Eat on the opposite side.
• Eat all of your foods with a fork or spoon. If treated area is in the front/anterior of your mouth do NOT
bite into ANY
foods such as sandwiches, apples, or hard crusty bread. What should you expect after surgery?
• Bruising/Swelling is normal for any surgical procedure, although not usually seen.
• If bleeding occurs – DO NOT RINSE
. Wet a tea bag and place in the surgical area for 10 minutes. If bleeding does not subside after, call the office immediately.Sinus Lift/ ElevationNO
hard nose blowing or sniffing for TWO
weeks. Try sleeping on an extra pillow to keep your head elevated. If instructed, use nasal spray or decongestant as directed. No flying for 4 weeks.
Dr. Christine Karapetian’s Cell Phone #: 571-331-7497